Please visit our Disclaimer/disclosure page
Achieving perfect pork crackling can be a challenge. In the video below I demonstrate a trick or hack that I use to rescue a poor result, it works for me 99 % of the time. It involves the use of a microwave oven, follow my instructions carefully to avoid a mess in the microwave.
If your crackling turns out less that perfect then follow these easy steps.
- Dissect the crackling off the roast
- Place the crackling upside down on a microwave safe plate.
- Wrap a length of paper towel over the crackling and tuck the free ends under the plate so that the towel remains in place in the microwave. This is very important, failing to do this will splatter fat all around the inside of the microwave.
- Set microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes (no longer as it may burn the crackling). There will be some violent crackling sounds, not to worry if you followed step 3 the paper towel will trap all the fat splatter.
- Remove from microwave and remove paper towel. The crackling will be rubbery at first but as it cools it will become crisp.
- Watch the video for a full demonstration.
Many thanks for watching.