Poached Egg in Microwave in One Minute
Our busy lives often preclude us from taking the time to eat a healthy breakfast. Nutritionists often emphasize the importance of starting the day with a nutritious meal. We recently spent some time with an old friend whose children came up with this brilliant and simple method of poaching an egg. I was so impressed that I felt I needed to share this with my readers. Of course, poached eggs are not only a breakfast meal but can be enjoyed at any time of the day with a salad, fresh vegetable or whatever takes your fancy.
Method for cooking a healthy poached egg:
- Boil the kettle
- Pour about 200 mls into a clear glass mug or jug (any coffee mug will do) leaving at least half of the jug/mug empty
- Crack the egg into the water
- Cover with paper towel and place in microwave *
- Cook for 30 seconds in microwave and check
- Cook for a further 30 seconds
- Remove jug/mug from microwave
- Pour water and egg over straining ladle to drain the egg
- Place egg on plate and enjoy.
* Because microwaves come in different power ranges you will need to adapt to suit the one you are using. For a 1600 watt machine 80% power for one minute will deliver a medium to soft poached egg. Adjust accordingly for your taste and your machine.
For a full demonstration on YouTube of this technique click on the link below.