Please visit our Disclaimer/disclosure page
Homemade butter is a keto super fat, very versatile and very tasty. The video shows you how to make homemade butter in under 20 minutes. You need only 2 ingredients, pure cream and table salt. The recipe yields just over 350 grams of butter and about 250 mls of buttermilk as a bonus.
By making it at home you save a bit of money and you are assured that there are no unwanted additives or processing. The butter can be eaten as a spread on bread (try it on this tasty 1 minute microwave keto bread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qKGcxe1WZQ ) or as an ingredient in other dishes. The buttermilk is great for cooking and baking. For instance these delicious traditional South African buttermilk rusks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euaep7jgKb4 .
600 mls of pure cream
2/3 teaspoon table salt (can be omitted if preferred)
This yields about 350 grams butter and 250 mls buttermilk
- Pour cream into an electric mixer bowl and add salt
- Mix at low speed until salt is mixed in.
- Increase mixer speed to medium for about 13 minutes
- When butter milk starts to separate reduce mixer speed to prevent splashing.
- Keep mixing until butter has clumped on the mixer whisk
- Pour off buttermilk through a strainer
- Gather butter into a ball and squeeze in your gloved hands to express excess buttermilk
- Rinse, dry and place in butter dish
- Refrigerate, it will keep for about 3 weeks in the fridge
- Pour buttermilk in seal container and freeze unless you will use it in a day or two in which case it can be stored in the fridge.
Mixing time about 16 minutes total time about 20 minutes.
Serve size: 5 mls
Calories per serve: 150
Carbs per serve: less than 1 gram
Watch a video demonstration on this link:
Here is some more info on keto diet
Short Disclaimer/disclosure: My videos/articles are for informational and educational purposes only, you should consult with a professional before attempting anything seen or done in my videos/articles. Please read full disclaimer above.