How to cook an egg in a potato Microwave challenge
Microwave an egg in a potato
A few years ago I made a video about how to cook an egg in a potato. Recently I have received a challenge from a viewer to repeat the process using only the microwave. So in today’s video tutorial I am going to respond to the challenge but to make it interesting I have made some changes to the original recipe which I believe enhances the flavours and makes it more appetising. It is easy to turn this into a delicious and nutritious meal with a salad and a slice of avocado.
So here we go:
First the ingredients:
1 Potato microwaved until soft (don’t forget to pick the skin to prevent explosion, also use microwave proof dish with lid)
20 mls butter melted in microwave with 2 mls crushed garlic and 2 mls mixed herbs
50 mls Bacon bits microwaved for 1-2 minutes (cover with paper towel to prevent splatter)
10 mls Parmesan cheese
Sour cream (optional)
- Microwave bake a potato in a covered dish, don’t forget to puncture the skin to avoid it exploding.
- Make garlic butter – in the microwave melt 20 mls butter with 2ml herbs and 2mls garlic
- Microwave 50 mls bacon bits for 1 minute
- Slice 5mm off top of the baked potato and scoop out the centre
- Mash the scooped out potato with ½ of garlic butter, bacon bits and 5mls each of grated Parmesan and sour cream.
- Line the cavity in the potato with some of the mash potato leaving enough space for egg
- Crack 1 egg into the cavity and with a fork stir the egg to combine the yolk and the white and mix in the rest of the bacon with some more parmesan.
- Score the inside of the potato lid and drizzle with garlic butter.
- Replace lid and microwave in covered dish for 1.5 to 2.5 minutes according to how soft/hard you like your eggs. In the video I microwaved for 2.5 minutes
- Slice in half lengthwise and enjoy.
Here are the key moments in the video:
The a video demonstration can be accessed here:
Here are some more videos that may be of interest:
Comments are most welcome, try this and send us some feedback☺️ Why not visit our channel and browse through our other videos? http://www.youtube.com/c/AnnErasmus
Short Disclaimer/disclosure: My videos/articles are for informational and educational purposes only, you should consult with a professional before attempting anything seen or done in my videos/articles. Please read full disclaimer here: https://basiclowdown.com/disclaimer-disclosure-page/